Power Supply Jump Start Guide
When you are having problems with your setup and you want to rule out whether your power supply is faulty or not, you can perform the following simple test to make sure that your power supply is operational.
- For your safety first turn off the power supply by setting the I/O switch on the back panel to the “O” stand.
- Unplug the AC power cord from the power supply.
- Disconnect all peripherals and devices from the power supply.
- Plug the AC power cord back into the power supply and make sure that the AC power is coming directly from wall outlet (do not use power strips, extension cables or splitters).
- Before you start testing, connect both the 18-pin and 10-pin connectors of the motherboard cable to the power supply.
- Make sure that the fan control switch on the power supply is set to Normal Mode (S2FC). (In Hybrid or Fanless Mode (S3FC) the fan will not spin.)
- Regardless whether your 24-pin motherboard cable has all black or colored wires, please use a paper clip or a piece of wire to create a short circuit by connecting the pins shown on the photo illustrations.
- If you have a Power Supply Tester that comes with your Seasonic power supply, then attach it to the end of the 24-pin motherboard connector. There is a notch on the Tester that fits into the notch on the 24-pin connector. You can also refer to this article on how to use the Power Supply Tester.
- Turn on the power supply by setting the I/O switch to the “I” position.
- Check to see if the power supply fan is running. If it is, then your supply is probably good.
Please note: This is just a very basic method to test power supplies; for a more precise examination, please contact our RMA services.
PRIME, PRIME Ultra, FOCUS PLUS, FOCUS, Snow Silent, Platinum, Platinum Fanless, X, G, S12G, M12II Evo, M12II, and TFX Series.
For models that support DC to DC converter design, short the pins highlighted below on the 24 pin connector.
S12II and ECO Series
For models that support Double Forward design, short the pins highlighted below on the 24 pin connector.